Here’s a Jeopardy question for you: « Missing concerns, wrong person in wrong meeting, no shortcut, and unclear message. » if you answered “What do customers feel when they interact with service providers?” then maybe it’s time to take a good look at your communication methods. This is especially important for customer success managers (CSMs) when trying to better understand their customers’ needs, challenges, and goals through customer workshops.
He customer success The OpenText™ team is taking effective communication to the next level through a series of highly interactive virtual workshops for clients powered by LucidSpark. By leveraging virtual environments, we strive to build better relationships with our clients by prioritizing their challenges and goals and delivering the business results they expect from OpenText.
Success starts with strong communication
Our workshops are designed to prioritize the client’s business needs, focusing on what they need to succeed, the challenges they face on a daily basis, their business goals, and even their vision for the future.
The Executive Intent Workshop, for example, has been developed to review the challenges, focus areas, and metrics for the success of our clients’ key stakeholders in adopting an OpenText solution. The information collected serves as our ‘North Star’ for future interactions with your teams and business units. To ensure that these needs are clearly understood, OpenText CSMs follow several general rules when facilitating these interactive sessions.
Our approach to interactive workshops
- Right topic, right people. We set the right schedules to ensure the right people are in the virtual « room. » We understand that your time is valuable, especially when it comes to bringing together C-suite executives and participants. OpenText CSMs ensure workshops focus on topics relevant to the right audience. For example, for senior executive stakeholders, we discuss strategic business concerns, while technical teams require us to focus on their technical challenges.
- invoke the Pareto principle: The client must speak 80% of the time, the facilitator 20% or less. If it is the other way around, the workshop is not working. We make sure that the role of the facilitator in the workshop remains that of a facilitator. The workshop is for you and your business. We are here to listen so we can address your most pressing challenges.
- Be inclusive: Assuming things about the workshop audience can backfire. For example, not all participants will be familiar with the acronyms used by a company. Our CSMs avoid using jargon that could leave participants confused. Inclusive workshops ensure that all participants feel welcome, that their opinion is important, and that the content of the workshop is something that is truly meant for them.
- C.on sensitive topics in a secure environment: Not every issue or challenge that comes up will be seen as something to accept; some challenges can just be annoying or frustrating. Our CSMs address concerns in a positive and proactive way to keep conversations productive, ensuring that each workshop stays on track and that everyone has an opportunity to voice their challenges.
- Focus on keywords: When we use virtual Post-It Notes, we pay attention to the keywords our customers use. For example, if a participant writes « Safety is a concern, » we focus on the words « safety » and « concern » and determine what they mean to the customer. By delving into the definition of the words themselves, we gain a better understanding of the customer’s perspective. One person’s definition of something can differ wildly from another person’s idea of the same word.
- Have fun: We always pay attention to the level of participation in our workshops. We strive to make the most of our time together with clients while gaining a true understanding of how we can help. OpenText views customers as partners; We don’t want to be just another vendor that doesn’t interact with you.
Interacting with customers in such an interactive way to better understand our customers’ pain points requires our CSMs to work hard to prepare and listen carefully. Customer feedback shows that they really enjoy the process and actively participate during each virtual session.
Interested? Please see our Customer Success Portal for more details.
This is where the fun begins!