Cloud Editions’ latest OpenText includes updates to its COBOL, Mainframe, and Host Connectivity offerings, designed to help IT leaders in their ongoing application modernization journey. Check out this blog post for the latest on smarter apps with OpenText.
Help our customers build for the future through smarter modernization
New product updates are now available at Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) – The leading OpenText marketing solution for mainframe and COBOL application development, deployment, and modernization, as well as mainframe host access and security.
Latest Cloud Editions OpenText includes updates to your COBOL, main frame and host connectivity Offerings: Designed to assist IT leaders in their ongoing application modernization journey. Take a look at the latest updates below.
July 2023: What’s new in Micro Focus™ Visual COBOL and Micro Focus™ Business Pack
New extensions to the COBOL programming language and a new digitally certified Micro Focus™ COBOL Fundamentals course
The latest updates of Visual COBOL 9.0 and Enterprise Suite 9.0 Further support OpenText’s commitment to innovation with new capabilities for COBOL development, a new educational course offering that empowers the next generation of talent, and new mainframe modernization capabilities that expand the scope and scale of digital transformation projects within your enterprise.
Combined highlights include:
- New video-based and on-demand Micro Focus™ COBOL Fundamentals courseware available to customers and the community.
- New COBOL language syntax that enables easier integration with Java and makes COBOL more accessible to the next generation of developers.
- New testing tools for mainframe applications that make it easier to adopt Agile and DevOps practices.
- New Enterprise Analyzer offering (Technical Preview): Now available on Linux and ready for cloud deployments.
- Feature development across all developer toolsets, including Visual Studio Code, giving customers the best experience for enterprise application development.
- Certification and testing on all major platforms and support for new Linux distributions, expanding customer choice in and out of the cloud.
Do not hesitate to Contact Us for more information.
Learn more about these latest product releases:
July 2023: What’s new in OpenText Verastream Host Integrator and OpenText Host Access for the Cloud
Latest updates from OpenText Verastream Host Integrator
Provide reliable and scalable mainframe automation implementations
- Market preview for Kubernetes integration for mainframe automation.
- Container and orchestration support for Verastream Host Integrator (VHI).
- VHI is used to automate mainframe green screens as APIs that can be used by standard tools such as RPA engines or web applications.
- Orchestration and containerization support for VHI.
Latest updates from OpenText Host Access for the Cloud
Enable reliable and secure host application access to critical business applications
- Host Access for the virtual cloud software appliance.
- Our market leading small footprint host access solution is now offered as a software appliance for mission critical mainframe, AS/400, 3270, Linux, UNIX, Unisys and Airlines applications.
- It enables customers of any size to simplify the provisioning, operations, and maintenance of their Host Access for the Cloud infrastructure for cloud and non-cloud deployments.
- Reliable and secure host application access to business critical mainframe applications.